Sunday, July 22, 2012

Saturday Morning Breakfast


So I got creative this past Saturday just because I was sick of making the same ol' same ol'.  However, knowing that the kids preferred eating pancakes on Saturday mornings I decided to change it up a bit.  Instead of my typical round pancakes, Hello Kitty waffles or belgian waffles, I decided to personalize each pancake.  I poured the batter into a squeeze bottle and wrote out each of their names and the kids loved it!

Homemade puff pastry filled with cinnamon and sugar


In addition to writing their name in pancake batter; I also made my own puff pastry dough.  Yup puff pastry.  For years I have failed over and over again, but out of the blue I decided to give it a try and voila puff pastry.  Yes, it was labor intensive and took an  entire day, but it was worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment