Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dunk Em!

Almond Biscotti, Madeleine and Coffee

Last night I just HAD to bake and the reason is because I got a new mini madeleine pan.  It is the cutest pan ever. Since I have been baking lots of madeleine cookies/cake I decided to also make almond biscotti.  I have been making biscotti for the past several years, but I am not a fan compared to my sister.  I like to eat biscotti like a cookie, while she likes to dunk it in her coffee and I think that a lot of people prefer it that way.  I enjoy making biscotti because of the aroma of the almond and the way it perfumes the house.  Hopefully, someone out there will make an attempt at making biscotti =)

Ingredients:
Preheat oven at 325 Degrees Fahrenheit and line 1 baking sheet with parchment paper
1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 tsp almond extract
6 tbs butter, melted
1 cup chopped toasted almonds

Directions:
1. Sift all the dry ingredients except the almonds in a large bowl and create a well in the center.
2. In the well add the wet ingredients then mix with a wooden spoon.
3. Add toasted almonds.
4. The dough will be sticky, but wet your hands a little and form a log and bake it on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper or a Silpat for 35 minutes.
5. Remove the log from the oven and lower the temperature to 300 degrees.  Allow the log to cool for about 10-15 minutes, then slice diagonally.
6. Place the baking sheet with sliced cookies back into the oven for another 20 minutes or until dry and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment