|Almond Biscotti, Madeleine and Coffee|
Preheat oven at 325 Degrees Fahrenheit and line 1 baking sheet with parchment paper
1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp almond extract
6 tbs butter, melted
1 cup chopped toasted almonds
1. Sift all the dry ingredients except the almonds in a large bowl and create a well in the center.
2. In the well add the wet ingredients then mix with a wooden spoon.
3. Add toasted almonds.
4. The dough will be sticky, but wet your hands a little and form a log and bake it on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper or a Silpat for 35 minutes.
5. Remove the log from the oven and lower the temperature to 300 degrees. Allow the log to cool for about 10-15 minutes, then slice diagonally.
6. Place the baking sheet with sliced cookies back into the oven for another 20 minutes or until dry and enjoy!