Saturday, June 9, 2012

On a Hot Summer Day

Lemonade
On hot summer days there is nothing more refreshing than a cup of ice cold lemonade.  The kids were first introduced to slush like lemonade when we went to Disneyland and we use to go every summer because my younger cousin loved and was a bit on the obsessive side of anything Disney.  Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, Goofy, you name it she either had it or wanted it.  Since we went during the summer the weather would be ridiculously hot at times and the best way to quench our thirst was to buy lemonade, but it wasn't cheap so of course I made it a goal to replicate its flavor and texture.  So here you go my version of a slush lemonade.


Ingredients:
(I always adjust the amount of lemon and sugar just because there are days I prefer my lemonade more sour and the kids prefer it more sweet)
2 lemons, freshly juiced
2 cups of crushed ice
3 tbs of sugar, more or less 
1 1/2 cup of cold water


Combine all the ingredients a blender or magic bullet and ta da you have slush like lemonade! So refreshing, cold and it'll definitely quench your thirst  =) 


I will post a soju recipe for the adults out there *wink wink

No comments:

Post a Comment